17 May 2014

%©*(^$#@ !!!

I'm wondering what to do about this flickr mess.

I've always used them as my image source but they have now decided I have a few questionable photos. I've gone through them all, marking the ones that I would guess in their specifications, to be moderate or restricted. They, however, have ignored my request for a review for 17 days now. I feel they need to warn people if they think you may be showing something a little risque, and give a person ten days (or something) to flag the photos in question, instead of just slapping a hold on your account. Considering I pay to store my images there, I'm a little pissed. I reviewed my 4,000 photos immediately thinking I'd be back up and running in a few days. At this point, I'm wondering if the Better Business Bureau gets involved with online companies.

Of those 4,000 images, the burlesque shots feature pasties and g-strings. Anything that could be misconstrued as nude (misconude?), I've since marked as restricted, leaving nothing to question. God forbid some 16 year-old see a bit of side boob when they could turn on the tv and watch some guy get his head blow off instead. That's so much healthier, after all. Reason #412 of what's wrong with America.

Just needed to get that off my fully-clothed chest.

If this post disappears, then blogger has also gotten wind that I'm a menace to society. Should you see my husband, tell him I love him...

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww! ms. bon bon is being carted away into some deep, dark hole! :)

i have a flickr acct but don't use it except to upload a 'button' for html code linking. i load photos directly to blogger which then saves them off automatically to picasa web albums. they only allow a certain amount of space for free, however. then you have to pay for more if you exceed it.

Mandy Southgate said...

That must be so frustrating for you!! I know that for me, something like this will derail my blogging and/or photosharing. I hope you've found a resolution by now.

older stuff

little known facts

My Photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.