22 December 2013

or if you prefer, seating's greetings


Our Christmas card this year. I only sent out two, because no one else would appreciate the joke sentiment. But, just to clue you in, this couch resides at our friend's grandparents' house, and the story is that his grandmother, who was rather reserved, went all out and had this pretty pricey, custom sofa made for reasons no one is clear about. I'd like to think Grandma had hopes that the Rat Pack might drop in for high balls some day and she wanted to be prepared to offer them a place to sit. I adore it! And the light is the perfect compliment! The whole house is a wonderful little time capsule to their life, which the family now uses as a vacation home. The art work hanging on the left, is that of his mom's. A view of beautiful Lake Michigan, where this property sits.

So, classes finally ended this week, and I cleaned up the piles of project remnants that having four art pieces due at once, managed to create. We can eat at the dining room table again without shuffling my art supplies around. I'm in need of a studio space.

Today, we are in the middle of a good, old-fashioned snow storm! 8-10" by the time all is said and done! I'd be out taking photos but it seems that my good lens is busted. Hubster dropped the camera which I wasn't too happy about, but what he neglected to tell me was that it no longer focuses! He said he tried it and it worked, but of course, I never had time to pick it up myself until now. So, it could've been in for repairs for two weeks, but instead I'm without a camera during a beautiful snowstorm and the week of Christmas. He's getting coal this year.

Oh well, it's been a month since I last posted anything, so another week or so won't matter. I may have to rely on the iphone for a while. Meanwhile, I wish everyone a warm and wonderful Christmas!!

Season's Seatings! xo!

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that really IS a fabulous sofa or divan or whatever you wish to call it! and you're right. the rat pack would have loved it. :)

glad classes and projects are over for now. so sorry about the camera! ugh! mr. g!!! :) i am certain he is forgiven, though. :)

love to you and yours, dear woman. enjoy that snow for me. hubby coming home tomorrow, weather permitting. first time in over a year. i think his allergies will go beserk in this house full of dog hair and dust. :)

Buttons said...

Merry Christmas my friend I love your card it is absolutely perfect, I am a sucker for a awesome story and meaning.Enjoy your break and all that snow. Oh yes coal it is :) Have a nice holiday and enjoy every moment my dear Bonbon. HUGS B

Buttons said...

Merry Christmas my friend I love your card it is absolutely perfect, I am a sucker for a awesome story and meaning.Enjoy your break and all that snow. Oh yes coal it is :) Have a nice holiday and enjoy every moment my dear Bonbon. HUGS B

Koryn said...

Dropping by to wish you an very happy new year ahead! Excited to see more quirky posts from you in the coming year :)

older stuff

little known facts

My Photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.