12 September 2013

coloring pages

coloring pages

I'm currently back in school full time and will make some efforts to show you what I'm up to. In the case of the class Making Comics, Professor Sluggo, (yup, you read that right) makes it quite easy to share as she regularly updates her tumblr page. There are already several posts up pertaining to our class. (Look for "making comics".) One of our first assignments was to take three coloring pages and go nuts, filling them solid with color. We were also required to color at least one page in a public space. I probably don't have to mention how much we laugh in this class!

All those cards lying on the tables were one of many of our two-minutes character drawing exercises. Yesterday, we were told to trade papers, redraw someone else's character, then draw three more panels of that character doing different things. Ridiculousness ensued.

Oh, also...we won't be using our real names during this course. Each of us had to pick an existing comic/cartoon character. How serious can a discussion get between Optimus Prime and Inspector Gadget? Time will tell.

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow! no holds barred! bam! pow! :)

Buttons said...

Oh I can only imagine your secret name. You have always been a super hero to me. What a great class I would love to be a fly on the wall. Love Tex's comment POW Hug B

helen said...

Wonderful idea and great colors

Weekend-Windup said...

Wonderful coloring pages...

Koryn said...

Your talent is enviable. I can't draw a decent stick figure even if my life depended on it haha.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.