12 July 2013

around campus

university club
East facing wall at the University Club.

still life in progress
First still life. Probably only around 25% complete here. The sled is just the ground color at this point.
I'm gonna miss the great light in this big, mess of a room.

quite third floor lunch spot
Quiet third floor lunch spot

uw terrace
Iconic chairs of the UW terrace. These seats will not be empty come fall.

These shots are several weeks old already, before the pace of this class picked up. It's now finals week. The nice thing about pursuing art is that finals is not about studying for exams. It's about working, and I've been working like mad. We have the weekend to complete our last project and make corrections on everything, then we leave our entire portfolio for the professor to grade on Monday morning. And then, believe it or not, I can relax until it all starts over again in the fall. I foresee lots of napping in my near future.

You also may have also noticed a better quality of photo here as I upgraded my iphone. My photo vs. phone use ratio is only bound to widen. ;)

In other news, my Mom was in the hospital last week getting an aneurism removed from her stomach. I thought they only occurred in your brain, but what do I know. She was hospitalized for eight days and said if she knew it was going to be that painful she wouldn't have gone through it. I said, but then you might have been walking along one day and just keeled over. To which she replied, "That's gonna happen anyway." It's hard to argue the wisdom of the elderly.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, gosh! sorry about your mom but glad she went thru with the surgery! yikes!!!

and really great to see you visit and even better to get a post! good luck with finals!

Koryn said...

That is such a nice campus! If I were studying there, I probably would never be late for class haha.

older stuff

little known facts

My Photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.