11 January 2013

r.i.p.

Imagine growing up in The Netherlands and dreaming of living in the United States, starting a dairy farm, having a beautiful black Stallion, the car of your dreams, plus finding a wonderful man willing to join you in your quest. Of course, not before seeing the world and getting a degree.

Imagine these dreams coming true only to be diagnosed with cancer, marrying this wonderful man not once, but three times because of the circumstances of your illness, and your entire family following you in your dream, tending a huge farm in Indiana with over 2000 cows!

And completing all this in your early 30's.

That was Leontien.

She was sweet, funny, inspirational and accomplished more in her short life then most people could in three lifetimes.

And many of us will miss her...

6 comments:

Buttons said...

This is beautiful. I will never forget her and I am sure no one else will either. She touched our hearts.
I can't think of anything else to say but I know she would want us all to keep going and accomplish our dreams just like she did. She was one of a kind. Rest now "sweet lady". Hugs B

missing moments said...

Beautifully said.

TexWisGirl said...

she touched so many for so many reasons.

Helene Titsch said...

From what I have read, she was a beautiful person and your post is a true tribute. I wish her family peace and comfort in knowing how many people she spread joy to.

Koryn said...

From your words alone, I know she's a beautiful person. May her soul rest and peace. Prayers go to you and her loved ones.

Debbie said...

all of this and so much more!!

what a beautiful soul she was!!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.