02 January 2013

puppy week!

april lounging

april the flake

While our son and daughter-in-law were out east last week, we watched their eighteen month old puppy, April. Nothing reminds you of how old you are as trying to to keep up with a lab/border collie on a leash in a foot of fresh snow! It was fun having such a goofball in the house though. She encouraged Kensi to play with her a few times, and her bark was so loud even Max could hear it! Which lead to a few shouting matches. "Why are we barking?!" ha! On the down side, I now have approximately ten stuffed toys to restuff and sew.

As crazy as the week was, I think we'll stick with short-legged, slow-moving pugs where naps are the top priority. That's more our speed.

Hope you all encounter a wonderful New Year ahead!

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i fell in love as soon as the first pic opened. :)

Buttons said...

Happy New Year i hear you they sure do run. I like the old slow ones:, just like me:)
Love your photos. B

Helene Titsch said...

A gorgeous animal...and wonderful photos!!! Re. active dogs...I lost 7 lbs. when I had my sons 2 beagles to watch!

Koryn said...

I could actually see the details of the snow particles on April's face! Awesome capture!

Lol on the "slow-moving pugs where naps are the top priority". I know what you mean haha!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.