02 November 2012

a little night magic

leaves in the moonlight

night sky

autumn after dark

late night assistant

Isaac assisted me one night last month in taking some night shots of leaves. Like Buttons, I had looked up and saw these beautiful clouds covering the moon and had to go back in for my camera. Unlike her, I had just one cat and not two skunks to contend with. You can see that Isaac moved a little during the long exposure as part of his head is missing. Spooky!

Now that the leaves are gone, the sun actually hits our house. It's nice when the light reaches our dining room again. The cold temperatures have some perks anyway.

By the way, I'm not sure what I did to turn my comments came back on, but I'll leave them on. Ha! But please keep in mind I'm not the most active blogger these days, so no promises on "getting right back to you". School is going great and I'm enjoying all the projects, but this whole homework thing is kind of ruling my life. I can't even remember the last time we went to see a movie!

That said...back to studying the works of surrealism! :P

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend ahead!

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yay! i'm not tongue-tied any longer!!! :)

i like the 3rd shot a lot!

Mark said...

They are spooky, and cool too. Great shots. Happy studying.

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Cool shots!

Buttons said...

Oh I love your leaves. A headless cat spooky for sure. I love the moon shots they are awesome.
What's wrong with dancing skunks under the moon? You know you would be out there photographying them you are a go get them regardless of the consequences kind of photographer.The best kind. Thanks my friend. B

Koryn said...

All that's missing from this post is a wolf howling in the distance!

Eerily beautiful :)

Emm in London said...

Awww, don't worry about not replying to comments! I'm sure everyone knows by now that this is a super busy time for you! Fabulous photos! I'm dying to try some long exposures.

Awena Robert said...

Very nice pics ! The one with the red leaves is great.
Take care.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.