27 August 2012

pièce de résistance

honkers
honkers in the bird garden

15 ton, juicer bug
15 ton, juicer bug

clown cars
clown cars

to the stars!
to the stars!

over view of the forevertron
over view of the forevertron

forevertron's control panel
parts from forevertron's control panel come from NASA

components galore
components galore

popcorn stand, the epicurean
these two kids must've spent half an hour "cooking" at the epicurean while we were there.
they enjoyed working the bellows. it actually makes popcorn.

skyward!
skyward!

300 ton scrap metal sculpture

The final capture here is that of the Forevertron, a 300 ton scrap metal sculpture. The link I included 8/24, says "The plans reside only in Dr. Evermor’s brain: 'No sketches, no models, no nothing. I just go for it.' "

Hard to fathom.

We ended up spending a short time talking to Lady Evermor. I said "I could see Tim Burtom filming here!" She responded, "Oh, he's written us a lovely letter! He's such a gentleman." Apparently, whatever he has up his sleeve has not panned out yet.

We also happened to ask if she was familier with American Pickers. "Yes, they were here filming two weeks ago! They spent eight hours here rummaging and going over takes." Mike wanted to buy the wrought iron bench and chair set she was using that day, but she would have it. His back couldn't have managed it anyway. She told us this episode is set to air this September so keep your eyes peeled.

If you'd like to see my entire set of photos from our visit, click over to flickr.

(Tip—Should you ever get there yourself, I would recommend arriving in the morning for better light on the Forevertron, plus a wide-angle lens.)

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
And now, Dear Readers:
On a different note, I've heard from several of you about my comment link being off. Maybe I should've warned folks it was coming, but next week I'll be back in school and blogging less, and frankly, I never received many comments to begin with. I'm not a strong opponent of the "I commented on your blog now you have to comment on mine" philosophy; and I felt that had been growing this summer. This way, pressure is off. This will now just be my personal scrap book that you're welcome to rummage through. My email, facebook and google accounts are all accessible from here if you nosey around a bit. Please know that I do appreciate all the hits.

Makes me sound like an oldies station.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.