06 August 2012

during and after the storm

IMG_1717
We received a nice dousing yesterday Saturday afternoon. Our magnolia just off our front steps, appeared pretty happy about that.

9080

9090_1

9093

9096

A few hours later, the sun came out and I knew the light would be hitting our lilies. These are lensbaby shots with a macro filter.

I finished my summer Spanish course on Friday and my freelance design work earlier this week, so yesterday I took the time to actually clean my whole house. As opposed to each room as I found the time. Then today was dedicated to cleaning off my computer. Because it probably would not have allowed me to load one more photo.

This evening, I logged in to get my final grade and I got an AB! Yup. So, if anyone cares to read a review of the movie Motorcycle Diaries via an 8-week Spanish course, I can provide that for you. I'm sure it would be comparable to that of a bright 4-year-old writing a review for Finding Nemo.

* * * * * * * 
Linking up with

7 comments:

Buttons said...

Congrats on the mark you are a smartie.
I love these photos you are so very talented.
I am happy you had rain. You must be able to enjoy a little break now. A word of advice do not waste to much of it cleaning:) B

Amy Burzese said...

Love the water droplets. I have a Lensbaby and rarely use it.

TexWisGirl said...

first, congrats on the RAIN! jealous!

second, congrats on the grade! and for completing your freelance work, too! sounds like you're using your time well for cleaning everything! the fall semester will start up before long.

love those drops on the stamens.

Emily Spark said...

Felicidades! I love the clarity of your macros!

Nancy Claeys said...

First, rain -- then an AB (not sure what that is, but mustt be good.)

I think I'll pass on your paper -- but I'm sure it's stellar! :)

Terri Buster said...

Congrats on finishing the course and scoring big too! Love the raindrops- those are great shots.

Awena Robert said...

Hi, I am new to your blog and I really like the photos of the pink flower with the rain drop. Especially the 2nd one. Great photos! I shall check your blog again soon.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.