23 August 2012

days of wine and eagles

clouds over the river

in flight

soaring

view beneath the oak

pre-wine

rows

new sign!

Our impromptu road-trip last weekend took us to Sauk City/Prairie du Sac. (Hi Bill!) So, a stop along the Wisconsin River to see if we could spot any eagles was required. Two of them! Score!! The far side of the river is beyond what my telephoto lens can capture, unfortunately.

Wollersheim Winery is also a must. Free samples, hello! Sadly, they were out of white port which I haven't had yet. :(

Here's a 360º view of WW from a 2009 visit.

The area was also home to native son, August Derleth. A little something for you book nerds out there.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.