10 August 2012

canning pickles

canning...

...pickles

A friend mentioned on facebook that he had pickles to can. Knowing he lives in an apartment (with a wife and two toddlers) I offered my kitchen and canning supplies. I told him he would have to pay me back in pickles. So, that's how we spent out Friday afternoon. Fifteen quarts and four pints. Although, two pints belong to my neighbor because when she caught wind we were canning, she threw a few pickles our way.

They are currently cooling on my dining room table. All popped. Hinting to either be eaten or photographed.

I think he counted them, so I'm going with the later.

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i can smell the dill and vinegar! :) i like your jar cages! :)

Angela Acosta said...

What a great way to spend a Friday. Gotta put that one on my list of things to do. Happy weekend.

Buttons said...

Oh I wish someone could come make pickles in my kitchen. I wish I could photograph as well as you. My biggest wish I wish I could eat one of those dills right now. B

Debbie said...

goodness, they are just so pretty!!

he was smart to count them ;)))

Koryn said...

This looks like a month's supply of pickles! Haha. I never get it why some people, when eating burgers, throw out pickles. Absolutely delish!

Helene said...

What great shots! I guess you could say they are delicious! Love pickles!!!

Emm in London said...

Great photos! I love eating pickles but have never thought to create my own.

Fjällripan said...

Mmm it looks delicous! Great photos. /Susanne

Terri Buster said...

Yum- love canned pickles!

Nancy Claeys said...

As much as I love these images, I would like to see a pull back of those contraptions! :)

Awena Robert said...

I really like the first photo (and pickles).

At the moment, for me, it's fruit jam that I'm putting in jars.

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Well you're just awesome to lend your kitchen out. I'd want to be paid in pickles too! They look scrumptcious

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.