08 August 2012

at the old homestead

shuckin' & jivin'
Dad, shuckin' and jivin'

4' cabbage
Their cabbage is 4' across. Comparable in size to this one from a few years ago.
Above, the pug has been replaced by potatoes. 

9' corn 
The corn is easily 9' tall.
Also shown; beets, peas, kohlrabi, peppers, and some tomato plants far left, photobombing the shot.

killer asparagus 
Hubster being attacked by killer asparagus. Which is actually a few steps beyond the garden, onto my grandparents' property. That bush is probably older than I am. As you can see, it's pretty neglected these days.

Also my hair looks similar in humid weather.

10 comments:

Amy Burzese said...

What a beautiful garden. Reminds me of my grandfather's. They would use a ladder to pick green beans.

TexWisGirl said...

gw is SUCH a ham! your dad looks really cute - and busy! :)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, and please pass a kohlrabi!!!

Terri Buster said...

Your garden looks fantastic!

tinajo said...

Wow, amazing! :-) The last pic made me giggle..!

bon bon said...

thanks for commenting, everyone! i didn't make it clear that this is my parents' garden. i can't even call mine a garden by comparison. lol!

Buttons said...

Oh what an awesome place to grow up. Your Dad is so cool and what a wonderful garden. Killer asparagus LOL. B

Mark said...

Now THAT'S a garden. And lovin your dad's hat.

Emm in London said...

Is this where you grew up? I love getting back out into nature and I can only imagine how amazing it must be to grow up surrounded by it. (Spoken by a true city slicker who moved from the city to the suburbs and back again).

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

That is some crazy asparagus!! I've never seen it that tall

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.