04 July 2012

knee high by when?

knee high by when?

corn field

corn rows

Last weekend I had Hubster pull over so I could get of shot of him in the corn. To confirm that the corn around here is well beyond the "knee-high" height requirement. Many fields got an early start due to our extremely warm spring. Wisconsin just had the driest June on record, however, so all the local corn is looking mighty thirsty. For you city folk who know nothing about corn except how to open a can of it, the look of the stalks in the second image are all spiky-like and reaching for the sky (for rain). If they were happily hydrated, their leaves would be bowing down more, like a water fountain.

So, there is your "fun corn fact" of the day! One of...well, one because I don't foresee sharing too many corn facts...

when modeling, stay hydrated (with ice cream)

Here's an outtake of my "model" staying hydrated on the set with what I think was an Oreo shake. He refuses to preform without them.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •
Backtracking a bit to share on

 

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

he looks a little excessively warm. as i've heard you've been there. i hate the weather this year! last year texas had its hell. this year, i think a good part of the rest of the country is getting their own versions of it.

TexWisGirl said...

my BIL in the UP told me farmers up there are beginning to burn their fields of corn as it is too dry and they're not going to produce anything. *sigh*

Terri Buster said...

I think we are all getting a taste of super dry weather- I was hoping for a better summer this year. Hey I would definitely stand out in a cornfield for an Oreo milkshake- oh yeah!

Nancy Claeys said...

Corn here actually is about knee-high. Not many farmers planted early, even though the weather was cooperative.

Who knew corn and oreos went well together? :)

Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursdays this week. xo

Koryn said...

The first photo reminds me of Dorothy, rugged version ;p

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.