24 July 2012

just hangin' out

just hangin' out

The hubster was trimming a few trees in our backyard recently and saw his little fellow taking an afternoon nap. I got up on the ladder Hubs was using to get this shot, but it was hard to get a good angle on him without moving a branch and potentially disturbing him.

Due to our lack of rain, I haven't come across one mosquito all summer! Plenty of cicadas though. Maybe that's what our little bat is eating. He doesn't look under-nourished. It could be he's supplementing with the "meals on wings" program. *snort*

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how cute is THAT!!! adorable little sleeper!

Terri Buster said...

He must have been in a deep sleep not to wake up! I see them at night around here, but have never found where they nap during the day.

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

Have you ever touched one? I really mean touch, without gloves. Their fur is something else and they are very soft. We used to have them in the attic, at the house, when I was a kid. Sometimes one would miss their entrance, and somehow get in the house. Dad would throw a cloth on it, and pick it up to set free outside. And I was always given the chance to touch it a little, under dad's watchful eyes.
xoxo

missing moments said...

Love that comment 'meals on wheels'! Great capture of the little guy!

Helene said...

Whoa! I have a bat in my back hallway off the kitchen. Actually, he was on the floor, saw me coming, and took off down the hall. I have yet to find him but, then again, I'm not really looking. I'm sort of creeped out (I know I shouldn't be!!) but this little guy is cute!

Emm in London said...

Oh, so cute! Of course, if he woke up while I was photographing him, I'd be the first to run off yelping in terror. But cute from a distance.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.