06 July 2012

hello, milwaukee

hello, milwaukee

devotchkaaaaaaaa!!

Tuesday night, we fought the crowds and heat of Summerfest. An event, that as a Wisconsinite, I have oddly never attended. Crowds and heat are usually a good enough excuse to keep me away. But DeVotchKa was playing, and they were on my short list of "must see live" bands. Luckily, they didn't play until 10 pm so the temps were cooling off (down to the 90ºs), and I didn't have school the next day. AND only $16 a person! (Well, plus $10 for parking, plus I needed to have a t-shirt to commemorate it, naturally.) The show was fantastic!! We watched the fireworks just behind us over the lake before it started, and they hadn't stopped yet when DeVotchKa hit the stage! It was quite the light show.

We got to bed at 2 am. Then at 5, I woke up abruptly with a pain in my eye. It felt like someone plucked out my eye, sandpapered it a bit, then popped it back in. I flushed it with water for a while but that didn't help. It hurt to move it and I couldn't keep it open. By noon, I gave in and went to urgent care. It took them two hours to tell me my cornea was scratched. How one scratches their cornea in the middle of the night is anybody's guess. It might've been some tiny piece of summerfest flew in my eye, bidding it's time. Turning my head on the pillow might have been all it needed.

So, all in all, the fourth was a bust. But it didn't really affect our plans of sitting in front of the air conditioning all day.

It's all better now, btw. "Corneas heal quickly," I was told.

I can confirm.

6 comments:

Buttons said...

Looks like lots of fun well except for the whole eye thing. I love the top shot.
I am glad cornea's heal fast yeah. B

TexWisGirl said...

oh, thank goodness! one needs their eyesight to be a cool photog like you! glad you had a good time, even tho...

Terri Buster said...

Sounds like a fantastic night- even with the scratch. Must have been a stray fleck of fireworks that landed in your eyeball! Glad you recovered quickly though!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Beautiful shots! Always loved sunsets and have always thought there was something very special about concert photos.

Angela Acosta said...

Glad the cornea's healed that must have been some scare. I love the color in these photos. I remember being out that late....long long time ago.

Koryn said...

The event looks like fun! I love live performances :) Lucky you, you got to watch your favorite!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.