10 June 2012

it's quite possible dragonflies are sexist

dragonfly 1

Last week when TLC and I were out shooting, I captured this dragonfly in flight. Not terribly impressive. The stupid thing wouldn't hold still. Darting this way and that. I counted myself lucky to get one of him in focus.

Then yesterday, my husband captures this:

dragonfly 2

dragonfly 3

What a show off! The thing just hung there in the air over the top of our car for ten seconds at a time AND he kept coming back! This was one vain dragonfly. I think G had on the 50mm lens so I cropped this quite a bit. The last image is full frame, including me, happily out of focus as I am not as eager to have my photo taken as said dragonfly.

Well, tomorrow is the "big day!" I begin a summer class in the morning, and landed a freelance position which will take up my afternoons. I'm pretty excited about getting to work from home. Plus it goes until September 1, and my full fall schedule begins September 4. It couldn't be more perfect. A friend who was laid off from the same place I was, recommend me and I'm grateful for it. I had figured I was going to be taking instructions on how to bag groceries from a 24 year old this summer. And let's face facts, I was whining about my back after walking around a park for two hours yesterday. Hey, I'm not proud.

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

holy smokes! congrats on the freelance position! sounds like the perfect summer filler! :)

and i laughed at your dragon!

nice to see you, though!

TexWisGirl said...

you're still a stone-cold fox. :)

Terri Buster said...

That's great news on the new position- and cool capture of the dragonfly!

Angela Acosta said...

Congrats!

Buttons said...

Congrats on the job. I love love love the photo.Dragon flies are hard to capture oh yes and I agree with Tex you sure are a fox.:) B

Emm said...

Ha ha! What a proud dragonfly and yes, he's definitely showing off. My attempts at nature photography are usually like your first!

Congrats on the freelance position!

Annmarie Pipa said...

oh good for you!!! good luck too!!
love the dragon fly.

Koryn said...

Ahaha, this post made me laugh! I know how you feel--wanting to capture something in motion but failing to. That's why I'm so amazed by bird photographers!

Nancy Claeys said...

Yay for employment! :)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.