23 June 2012

a day at the races

dragon boat races 1

dragon boat races 2

dragon boat races 3

dragon boat races 4

dragon boat races 5

dragon boat races 6

dragon boat races 7

dragon boat races 8

a day at the races


Hubster and I got up early this morning to go into Madison to watch the dragon boat races. The action was a little far away so all photos worth posting were closer to the shore. And apparently vertical. I messed with the one image in photoshop. I got CS6 a couple weeks ago, so I was checking out some new filters. The last shot is an iphone capture.

Lake Wingra, where the races were, butts up to the zoo, so you can guess what my next set of photos will be. ;o)

* * * * * * * * 
 Hooking up with

13 comments:

Nancy Claeys said...

Just goes to show there's something for everyone! Great shots, K. Thank you for sharing with us at YSB this week!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Wow! What a race ~ Dragon is amazing as are your photos ~thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

TexWisGirl said...

dragon boat races. who knew!? :)

Mark said...

Those boats are awesome looking. Looks like a fun day for all.

tiarastantrums said...

looks like such a fabulous day

Tricia Hays said...

very cool reflections! WoW! =)

Koryn said...

I enjoy watching Dragon Boat races too! There's something amazing about the rhythm, and strength combined :) Very powerful.

Angela Acosta said...

Looks like a great time. The second shot with the reflection in the water is genius! Beautiful shot.

Rosemary Aubut said...

Your photos are amazing!

Debbie said...

ooohhhh i like these!! at first, i thought you had participated.

really special reflections in that second image!!

Helene said...

These are wonderful photos...and a wonderful subject. Can't wait to see the zoo shots!

Terri Buster said...

Well that sounds like fun! I don't think I have ever seen a dragon race boat before.

Emm said...

These photos are absolutely brilliant! It looks like a fun day out.

Somehow I think your photos are all perfect in portrait style. Somehow, it captures the mood and the moment more than landscape might have.

When I first got my DSLR, I was so unused to it in my hands after my point and shoot that all my photos were portrait. I had to really learn to hold the camera straight!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.