30 May 2012

in-laws home

one of six out-buildings
One of seven(?) outbuildings.

this way to the garden shed!
Some of our junk we have no room for, sits behind a shed. Our sign shop rents this out, but I kind of like the way it says "hey, check out this garden shed, everybody!" Not that this is visible from anywhere but the side yard.

cows are long gone
You'd think they'd have room for our crap in here! ha!!

more cooperative clouds

blue and white
Mom had horses when she was younger.

garage
Small garage. Hubster and I were married on that spot, lower right. :o)

homested 

On our photo-drive Friday, TLC and I ended up at my in-laws' home in Milton. It's the childhood home of my mother-in-law, and she and dad are fortunate to have been able to keep and maintain it. The sad thing is, like many farms, it was once on the edge of town, but now it's dead center. When I met my husband 19-20 years ago now, it was already on a well-used road in town between the high school and the library, but there were still fields along the side and woods behind it. Now it's all suburbs. I'm not sure how many acres they have remaining. You can see in the first two shots, they kept enough foliage to have some privacy. Still, this whole progress thing is kind of sad.

I love that beautiful willow. Mom said it wasn't there when she was a child.

I guess time has some good factors too.

* * * * * * * * 
Linking up to Barn Charm

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am SO glad you linked up to barn charm w/ this! just can't waste a beauty of a barn like that!

sorry it's being swallowed up by 'burbs, but it sure is a pretty place - to be married, too. ;)

Evelyn S. said...

Oh...what a beautiful place! That barn is really something---I think my crap would fit in there, too!

Beth said...

what a beautiful barn. love it. (:

Beth said...

what a beautiful barn. love it. (:

Debbie said...

what a special place and a beautiful barn!!

lovin' that big ole' blue sky too!!

missing moments said...

Oh, that barn is so lovely. And what a beautiful spot to have married.

Terri Buster said...

Cool barn- and I love that tree- I don't see many of those anymore.

raisingahappyfamily-momof8 said...

your pictures are wonderful..what a gorgeous roperty!!! so peaceful and pretty. Is it Milton Pa?
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Buttons said...

Oh Bon bon this is beautiful what a great place I bet before the town grew it was even more magnificent. Great wedding spot. B

beth said...

what a beautiful spot....

i have't been to milton in forever. oh and if they have any vintage props for baby shoots stored in that barn, i'd love to come see them :)

Nancy Claeys said...

A beautiful barn -- and willows grow so fast, I can believe it wasn't present when your MIL was a child. :)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.