16 March 2012

cartier-bresson copy

pencil/ink

stair detail

As promised to TexWisGirl, I said I'd post the illustration I did for my design class. We had to work off a black and white photo and recreate it in pencil/ink/wash. I had some complications with the left side as my illustration board as it wasn't taking a wash like it had on the stairs to the right, so I ended up doing more of that side in pencil. Lesson? Don't use old board that was sitting in the cupboard for five years.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The instructor was impressed anyway.

Click here to see the original work by Henri Cartier-Bresson that I worked off of.

Now, I don't draw enough (or have enough followers) to give drawings away, but Tex does, and her work is fab! Head over to her March giveaway to win one of her beautiful color pencil nature pieces!

...or wait until next month, because I'm sure to win the cardinal this month. ;o)

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, this is gorgeous, bon bon!!! LOVE it! really nice!!!

(and thanks for the shout out, albeit slightly selfish one!) ha!

TexWisGirl said...

i sure hope you're framing this and hanging it in your artist's bungalow!

bon bon said...

hee hee!!
so glad you like it! thank you, sweetie!

Buttons said...

Awesome it looks great I wish I had it:) Technically it is perfect I think.
By the way no cardinal for you it is going to be mine:)
Wow sure is a lot of talent around you two. B

Helene said...

I'm impressed! Did you select this photo or was it assigned? I would think it's one of the headest of his to recreate because of so many shades. Excellent stuff!

Emm said...

Your drawings are excellent! I really like these!!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.