02 January 2012

suburbia

suburbia

street view not available

spots of drought

take a left on maple ave

My 11-11-11 captures. Yeah, tell me about it...

I shot a leaf macro one day, and thought it had an interesting likeness to a google maps image, so from there I started picking up interesting leaves on my walks with the dogs. I found that the uglier leaves had better patterns then the pretty, solid color ones.

These are all lensbaby shots as it's the only macro I own, using a light table.

I currently have the Rose Bowl Parade on, although I'm not really watching it, I'm always secretly pleased when a west coaster pronounces Wisconsin correctly. Leno seems to think there's an E in the first syllable. As if there's an "East Consin".

It's the little things.

• • • Linked to Lisa's Macro Monday • • •

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

these are gorgeous! i love 'em! you're so dang creative!

i do believe you should link in to Macro Monday with them over at Lisa's Chaos (she's in Stevens Point, btw...)

bon bon said...

cool! thanks! i'll track her down!

Kim, USA said...

Wow these are super cool shots!

Macro Monday

Dawn said...

Ooooh...pretty!
(I felt like I was in Bio 30 looking at these through a microscope....but yours are much more beautiful:))

Yep- it's the little things!
Happy new year to ya!:D

Ida said...

These are great!
Hey, I'm from the PNW and I know how to say Wisconsin correctly. You should here people laugh at the city I'm from.
Happy New Year!

Ida said...

These are great!
Hey, I'm from the PNW and I know how to say Wisconsin correctly. You should here people laugh at the city I'm from.
Happy New Year!

Tammy said...

These are really cool. I love the second one.

Happy shooting in 2012!!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Very creative... these do kind of resemble Google maps... satellite view. Funny how people butcher local names. Can you say La Jolla?

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I find the older leaves to be much more interesting too -- kinda like people? :) Great shots.

missing moments said...

These are awesome shots! Very creative!

Out on the prairie said...

Very nice macro, a nice celluar close-up pattern.

CherylK said...

What beautiful patterns! Old battered leaves! Who knew? Congrats on your POTW honor...well deserved.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.