11 January 2012

still no snow here...

breakfast is served

winter ride

blood orange

I love the light in winter streaming in our house. As long as the sun is shining, I don't mind the cold. But that hasn't been a concern either this year. We were in the low 50ยบ's (F) yesterday! And since I needed to make a trip to the post office and "the pig", I decided to do so by bike. Which is just insane. By my standards, anyway. I have a friend in Madison who bikes year round, but our little no-horse town isn't exactly bike-friendly. Basically, your limits are the post office and "the pig".

I'm taking part in a scavenger hunt over at google+, and this last pic is part of some trial and error shots I'm doing. I can't share the one I'm using as we don't reveal our entire set until after judging. But this one is different enough, and I don't have very many google+/blogger cross-followers, so keep this under your hat.

***********

A thank you and shout out to Buttons for so kindly giving me a blogger award! It's meant to be given to undiscovered bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. I really appreciate her acknowledgment but oh-my-gosh, I could never keep up if I had that many people coming here and leaving comments! I love chatting with those who do, and visiting their blogs, but seriously, I don't know how some of you do it with a gazillion followers! It takes me a few hours to make the rounds to the small group of folks I touch base with now! Sometimes, I wonder what I'm doing wrong being so slow. Maybe I need a speed-typing class. I have yet to visit those she recommended along side me! (My god, I suck.)

No pressure, huh?

So, the rules say...

  1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have fun!



Here's the thing. I've just spent two hours trying to figure out how many followers my (few) followers have, and I've come up with three obvious contenders. I met these fine folks through flickr and they tend to spend more time there than at their blogs, so you may want to hunt them down that way, if you'd like a speedy response:

Ellen Jo pumps out one painting after another! Holy crap, she is a machine! Plus, she loves travel, kitsch, and photographing Floyd and Ivan in silly hats.

Jeanna loves sweets more than I do! Is this possible? Yes. If there is such a thing as a candy-nerd, she fits the bill.

Heidi is a photographer, designer, single mom and pug-owner that I met through flickr, who happens to live in the same town as my son! But, I have yet to visit my son where he lives, so in turn, yet to meet Heidi.

I'm sure if I tried, I could find two more people but holy crap, I just killed half my day, and I told my husband I'd come in and do taxes this afternoon.

It's probably best I stop accepting awards for the sake of my own sanity...

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you are such a MESS! you never fail to make me laugh! was so glad when buttons awarded you (and spilled that you and i are {gasp} real-life friends!) :)

keep up the blogging as you have time for it, dearie! :)

Buttons said...

And that is why I gave you this award you are funny. I love that. Amazing photos.
I agree with Tex you are a mess :)
Don't worry about me if your here or at school working I will just keep dropping in to read old stuff and laugh. You rock. B

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Awesome photos -- and I don't spend enough time over at G+ to see much of anything. I find it overwhelming.

Congrats on the award. Buttons is such a sweet lady. :)

Tammy said...

You have so much going on here! Where do I start? First, Congratulations on your award. I love the hot smoke shot. I haven't been able to do that yet...

To answer your question, I am south of Rochester, NY.

Sandra said...

Really nice photos with light....gotta love it! Congrats on your award!

missing moments said...

congrats on your award. And do love that orange photo! I'm with you though, I can't keep up wit the few followers I have ... Lately I've been trying to find a happy medium by posting every 2-3 days and visiting others every other day. Seems to help.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.