01 January 2012

a cupcake photo shoot!

oooooow

aaaaaaah

nom

orbis

Happy New Year, all!!

Between spending much needed time today sorting through photos and burning dvds, I also christened my new Orbis ring flash that my husband got me for Christmas! Woohoo!! I can't wait to try it out on some people!

Meanwhile, we made a stop yesterday over at Cupcakes-a-gogo who now have their own store front on Madison's west side, (Double woohoo!!) and we managed to get these babies all the way home without eating them, so I could photograph them. Now, that is willpower!

They were devoured quickly after this shoot. One cherry, one cranberry-citrus, both amazing! gaaaaah...

Photo Tip: I hit Target's after Christmas sale and picked up several rolls of non-Christmas-looking wrapping paper for these shots. We have a little makeshift studio in our basement, but you can throw a roll of paper over a curtain rod, or the back of a chair, then pull the paper out to make a "sweep" to set your product one. If you want a white backdrop, a roll of freezer wrap works great too! Put the shiny side in so you don't get a glare from your flash. Happy shooting!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

my favorite is the top shot. perfection! and hurray for cupcakes a go-go getting a storefront! yay!

missing moments said...

So yummy! Wishing you the best of 2012!

besoterio said...

i love these photos. they look so yummy.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.