29 January 2012

bookless

bookless

jagger
jagger

alone
alone

judy
judy

end papers
end papers

doom
doom

nose print
nose print

more feet


Last night, the hubs and I attended a fundraiser to build a new library in downtown Madison. The Central Library had been wiped clean of books and had been turned into a three-story art gallery! Apparently, it was the event of the year, because when we arrived (fashionable late at 9), there was a line of a hundred or so people lined up to get in. Many of the displays were book themed, but not all. I particularly loved the framed, signed, end papers. There was a DJ in the basement, live music on the third floor, and food and drink lines that were just too long for us to bother standing in. I'm not sure they were expecting this massive a turn out.

Now they can afford that Twilight wing I was hoping for.

I took a whole boatload of shots which you can see here.

To see 800+ MORE photos, (you've got nothing else to do, right?) visit this set by the library, including the work in progress, and the photo booth they set up for the night.

I'd also like to note, that this is my 1,000th post! Seems like a lot considering I have maybe two dozen followers, tops. Looking back, I should've called my blog, little miss popular. ;o)

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations on you 1.000th post!!

What wonderful art. I am especially taken with the uniqueness of that last piece.

TexWisGirl said...

you goof butt! :) congrats on 1k!

you and your hubby hitting the artsy scene in mad-town. sorry the lines were too long!

Helene said...

Wow, must have been some event. I would so have need food! LOL
And congratulations on the 1,000 post! Excellent!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Love that Jagger image -- very cool.

And kudos on your 1000th post. I'm not even there yet! Over-achiever, you!

Angela Acosta said...

These are fantastic. I love the last shot--actually I love all of them. They have so much interest with the (I presume) the museum goers at the forefront.

I would've loved being at this gallery opening.

beth said...

i heard about this being quite the event....we would have loved it....but you know, the sand and the ocean aren't so bad.....xo

Reena Walkling said...

Congrats on the 1K! And hitting the artsy scene .. fun! Nice pics!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.