09 September 2011

let's eat!

peppers, onions, garlic

final stage

Hubby and I are celebrating our 16th anniversary today! Although, I guess I over fed him because he is dozing off on the couch. Ah, young love...

My gift to him was paella and a bottle of port. And he got me (well, us) tickets to see Tim Minchin, who's coming to Madison in October! Which I am all squeeee about!!

Not to mention, it's currently 64ยบ, I think I aced my anatomy quiz today, and tomorrow we're going to friendzes' house for a bonfire, where both sons plus one wife will be in attendance! Woohoo! There may even be more bocce ball involved...

Life is pri-tty darn sweet, if I may say so.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yay!!! your anniversary meal looks really, really good too!!! happy weekend, dearheart!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Congratulations -- and I've always found heavy meals keep the hubby content and sedated. Works for me anyway. :)

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

MMmmm paella!!! Looks so good. Happy anniversary!

Some books as you requested:
The Engine 2 Diet, Vegan Planet, Vegan On the Cheap, Vegan Comfort Food, Supermarket Vegan.

They are vegan recipes, but not drastically so...meaning, for the kind of meals they have in there you'll only notice it's "vegan-ness" when it comes to baking and you can't use eggs and butter. Everything else is something your typical vegetarian would make.

Enjoy! And let me know how you feel after incorporating more veggies and less meat into your life. I tell ya, we just feel soo much better these days.

(But I know it isn't for everyone...so to each their own, ya know?)

Buttons said...

happy Anniversary. That looks so good. Love the colours. B

Tammy said...

Congratulations, Happy Aniversary, and Yum...looks pretty tasty :)

missing moments said...

Congrats all the way around! Yep, life is pretty darn good!

Dawn said...

CONGRATS!
Yep...it all sounds pretty sweet to me too...and I love the rainbow of color in your pan:D

Leontien said...

whoohoo i am so happy for you!
And happy Anniversary!!!

I hope you have many many more fantastic years together and with your family!

Leontien

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.