01 August 2011
a wonderful bird is the pelican...
a wonderful bird is the pelican
his beak holds more than his belican
he can hold in his beak
enough food for a week
and i'm damned if i know how the helican
Actually, I'm even more confused as to why they're here in Wisconsin. The neighbor gave me a heads up that these guys were hanging out in some wetlands about a mile out of town. Considering the rainy summer we've had compared to much of the rest of the country, I suppose we were looking mighty fine from 100 feet up. These are the only three shots I got because as I was getting out of the car, a semi truck came barreling towards me, and frightened them all farther out into the marsh. I suppose I should be thanking him for the actions shots.
Classes are finished so I can once again commit myself to wasting precious time blogging! Until fall classes start, that is. I've been shooting this whole time so I currently have 8 gigs of images that need processing (which I will never find time for). Someone will simply have to share them posthumously. I'm sure their value will double by then. (As in 0x2=0.)
This weekend we headed to the north woods and spent time with Gramma who turned 89! She had baked "better than sex cake" to serve up to anyone who came by to wish her a happy birthday. The cake was delicious, but my husband begged to differ over the title.
My blog quietly celebrated it's fifth anniversary in July. I was too busy to plan any formal celebration in it's honor. I'm sure it will find some way of rebelling when it reaches it's teenage years, or put me in some low-grade nursing home when the time comes.
Joined in on Tammy's "behind the camera" group this week. (I always seem to think of these groups after already posting. I'll catch on one day...)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- magoo, before and after
- fresh on the market!
- hello shmo! whatdaya know?
- ladies: naked & dressed
- cars cars cars cars cars...
- fennel. better to photograph than to eat
- jungle cat
- colors, shades & tones
- midwest greenery
- rustic red
- state of wisconsin, state of mind
- a wonderful bird is the pelican...
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.