01 August 2011

a wonderful bird is the pelican...

1...

2...

3...

a wonderful bird is the pelican
his beak holds more than his belican
he can hold in his beak
enough food for a week
and i'm damned if i know how the helican


Actually, I'm even more confused as to why they're here in Wisconsin. The neighbor gave me a heads up that these guys were hanging out in some wetlands about a mile out of town. Considering the rainy summer we've had compared to much of the rest of the country, I suppose we were looking mighty fine from 100 feet up. These are the only three shots I got because as I was getting out of the car, a semi truck came barreling towards me, and frightened them all farther out into the marsh. I suppose I should be thanking him for the actions shots.

Classes are finished so I can once again commit myself to wasting precious time blogging! Until fall classes start, that is. I've been shooting this whole time so I currently have 8 gigs of images that need processing (which I will never find time for). Someone will simply have to share them posthumously. I'm sure their value will double by then. (As in 0x2=0.)

This weekend we headed to the north woods and spent time with Gramma who turned 89! She had baked "better than sex cake" to serve up to anyone who came by to wish her a happy birthday. The cake was delicious, but my husband begged to differ over the title.

My blog quietly celebrated it's fifth anniversary in July. I was too busy to plan any formal celebration in it's honor. I'm sure it will find some way of rebelling when it reaches it's teenage years, or put me in some low-grade nursing home when the time comes.

-----------------
Joined in on Tammy's "behind the camera" group this week. (I always seem to think of these groups after already posting. I'll catch on one day...)

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, glad to have you back in fine blogging form! full of sarcastic wit and wisdom! :)

neat that you've got pelicans!!! enjoy your break from school, girlie!!! welcome back into blogland!!!

Buttons said...

Oh I love Pelicans even though I never seen one either. Too much snow in Canada I guess but since they are in Wisconsin you never know.
Happy 5th I want to grow up to be just like you.
I love that your Gramma made better than sex cake too funny it must be your husbands Mother am I right? That would explain the reluctance about the cake name. B

bon bon said...

thanks tex! it's nice to be back...for the time being. :o)

buttons, she is my mother's mother. and simply put, my husband likes sex, therefore, not much compares! ha!

Samantha said...

YAY! You've resurfaced!
How cool that you have pelicans. They are great shots.

missing moments said...

Well, we're glad you are wasting time with us! Congrats on your anniversay of 5 years!

Tammy said...

Oh, just look at all of them! i love pelicans. It's funny because we used to live in Florida and saw them all the time. Back then I wasn't into photography and didn't give them a second thought. Now when we visit I am always on the lookout, but I rarely see them.

Happy Blogiversary and thanks for linking up with behind the camera!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Congrats on your 5th. Some marriages don't last that long. :)

beth said...

wow....i would have loved to have seen those funny birds around here.....the only pelican shots i have are from florida.

Susan said...

Beautiful pelicans - I love photographing them too.
(I popped over from Tammy's blog).
Cheers, Susan

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Haha. LOVE that little rhyme. I've never seen pelicans that look like that. We have ones like these: http://randyelrod.typepad.com/photos/wildlife/floridapelican.jpg

Congrats on your anniversary!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.