07 August 2011

midwest greenery

lazy summer

whip your hair

cattails

fishing or pondering?

on any given day

body guard

Gotta wonder how many more pix I'd have taken if the bridge that went over the river here, wasn't closed to traffic. The farm shown yesterday was reached by foot.

More yet to explore on another day, I suppose.

Today I spent indoors, cleaning and organizing. My brother and nephew are coming to spend the night, before heading into the city to catch a Cubs game tomorrow and transform themselves into sweaty, hot dog-eating, bleacher bums.

Hey, hey, whadd'ya say!

Do any one you have a particular summer activity (like a baseball game) that you try not to miss each year?

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh lordy. the canoe shots on the still river... swoon...

Tammy said...

Love that second one. A familiar view from a kayak.

missing moments said...

that canoe is the best ... wanna be on it!

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

I'm jumping on the bandwagon...I am digging the canoe shots too!

We go to the State Fair for funnel cakes. My summer would not be complete without a funnel cake.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.