24 August 2011
magoo, before and after
I shared this tutorial over on G+, and thought I'd include the info here for anyone interested. This tut is using Photoshop. If any of the steps are unclear, just ask! :o)
here are some simple, beginner corrections to make a shot frame worthy! this shot of magoo was ok, but needed a little help...
1. a light sharpening on his face (i go the duplicate layer, high pass route, masking away what i don't want included. set that layer to overlay or soft light.)
2. dodge the dark areas of his face. (5%, highlight or midtones. start small)
3. clone some green grass into the brown spots (watch for obvious repetition!)
4. a light burning to the edges of an image usually helps the center to pop out! (again, start small, 5% midtones/shadows)
5. i then cropped out his rear leg. just didn't like my eye going to his knee. (as shown with dark border.)
6. a little general curve rarely hurts.
that's it! simple! hope i've offered some info you can use to help a problem image. :o)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- magoo, before and after
- fresh on the market!
- hello shmo! whatdaya know?
- ladies: naked & dressed
- cars cars cars cars cars...
- fennel. better to photograph than to eat
- jungle cat
- colors, shades & tones
- midwest greenery
- rustic red
- state of wisconsin, state of mind
- a wonderful bird is the pelican...
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.