08 August 2011

colors, shades & tones

color

bw

I thought it'd be better to composite the day's flower shots into one, so as not to overwhelm anyone. Instead, I overwhelmed myself with color and wondered what it would look like in b/w. Not sure which one I prefer.

Don't bother asking me what all of these are. I could maybe name five. The bottom image, second column looks to me like queen anne's lace but in purplish-red. I didn't even know that Mother Nature had made this an option. I love the red, weepy thing on the top of column three.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yup, i love your names - red, weepy thing. :)

this is really great. would be perfect as a link to mosaic monday...

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Wow -- that's alot of blooming going on! Maybe the QAL lookalike is wild parsnip? Not sure. Lovely series. :)

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I prefer the colorful one because it really shows of the beauty of summer!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

I like the black and white...3rd column, second row. Beautiful work!! Hope you had a great weekend, lady!

missing moments said...

LOL ...I'm with you ... wouldn't know their names but doesn't keep me from enjoying their beauty!

Tammy said...

Both are lovely, but I think that part of what makes a flower special is it's color, so for that reason, I choose the color shots.

Leontien said...

ha that picture is just as beautiful in color as it is in black and white!

and yes loved your names too... could be me that named them ;-)
Leontien

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.