01 June 2011

lemon/lime shortbread

Here's the shortbread recipe for you cookie lovers out there...

It is a Martha Stewart recipe that I adapted a tiny bit. I don't bother to roll mine out. Just chill in the form of a tube, and slice them to the desired thickness. I obviously forgo the sandwich part as I like one thicker cookie.

I make the frosting a little thicker too. Six ounces of cream cheese, and one cup of sugar is plenty.

And as mentioned, I went with lime here just because I had some. If I were taking these to some function, I'd stick with lemon as not to confuse people into thinking my cookies are broccoli-flecked.

3 comments:

texwisgirl said...

go green!!! even if it looks like broccoli!!! :)

missing moments said...

Now that would be funny ... broccoli cookies!
I want one!

Leontien said...

hahaha broccoli cookies????!!!

Thanks and i think they look just fine!

Leontien

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.