08 June 2011
My peonies have all burst open in the last two or three days! I went out (in the 90º heat) yesterday to take a few shots, but the few bunches I brought into the house are much happier then what's still out there, smoldering. This morning a freak thunderstorm came through so most of them are now lying on the ground. Along with about 45 pounds of tree limbs.
So, do you care to guess how I got the shot above? Hint...
No camera is needed!
Ok, enough suspense. I simply laid them on the scanner with the lid open. You've probably all done this with your face, right? Well, why not try it with something attractive? Ha! I'm speaking for myself there, folks.
I got a pretty scan of some tulips a few years ago, which worked much better than peonies. The weight of the peonies pressed them onto the glass, smashing them. After a couple different attempts, I decided a single flower was the best way to go. The two flowers in the background are being hand held. Verrrrrrry still. I also experimented moving the flowers.
But then I remembered I have homework now and should stop screwing around. Ah, things never change...
We've got more storms heading our way this evening. Because the thunder gods demand I collect branches twice in 24 hours. Homework be dammed!
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- seriously, cat. stop already.
- dog fest "dock dogs" event
- fans of the wiener
- collapsing/cream brick goat house
- ride the drive
- kitty & moxie
- a walk in the park
- heads of state/thugs
- cold sesame noodles
- don't try this at home
- i wash myself with a rag on a stick
- laundry day
- lemon/lime shortbread
- eat up
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.