05 June 2011
heads of state/thugs
Today Madison held another Ride The Drive event, where several major streets are closed to vehicles for six hours. We went up to take photos, but things seemed a little more lackadaisical this year so I really didn't capture anything terribly exciting or different then prior years.
What really made my day was when we saw the Klement Sausages making an appearance at the capital! Can I get a woot?! For those of you unfamiliar with these fine gentlemen, they have their own wiki-page! I don't think they're even the Brewer's official mascot, as that title goes to Bernie Brewer, but I seriously don't know anyone who cares about Bernie.
Even his wife left him back in 1994.
I mean, come on, he slides into a mug of beer every time there's home-run. The guy's a lush.
The Sausages are the real stars. Put "sausage race" in youtube and you'll see what I mean. I even featured them in our Christmas card one year. I thought I had shared that on flickr, but apparently not. Note to self: Scan sausages.
In other (major, life-altering) news, expect to see less of me around here for the next couple of months. Tomorrow, I head back to school. Been unemployed for far too long, so it's time to take drastic measures. Will try to make the rounds to say hello, and possibly do a "dump and run" on my own blog when I can, but I imagine I'll be up to my eyeballs in homework.
Sure hope my English teacher asks me to use "lackadaisical" in a sentence, because I am prepared to impress!
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- seriously, cat. stop already.
- dog fest "dock dogs" event
- fans of the wiener
- collapsing/cream brick goat house
- ride the drive
- kitty & moxie
- a walk in the park
- heads of state/thugs
- cold sesame noodles
- don't try this at home
- i wash myself with a rag on a stick
- laundry day
- lemon/lime shortbread
- eat up
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2010 (163)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.