21 June 2011

fans of the wiener


Only in Wisconsin can you make a facebook post about where the Wienermoblie is going to be, and wind up in a parking lot with a bunch of friends a few hours later eating hot dogs.

I posted the rest on facebook this time 'cuz it's a bunch of people you don't know. But you're welcome to be nosy...meet the husband if you like...

Our friend Francee, on the left, is up from Miami. Her mother volunteers for Echo, who hired the Wienermobile to make an appearance and draw a crowd. Francee begged them to take her for a ride around the parking lot when they arrived, but they said they couldn't for insurance reasons. "No one has to know! she pleaded. I guess she needed to grease some palms to make that happen.

If you want to see some older weiner shots, go here. I promise no congressmen. But I have to say, this one is my personal favorite! Taken at the Milwaukee Art Museum with a Holga camera and a Polaroid back. (Mental note: search out more Polaroid film.)

Ok, that's plenty of wiener for now. Nothing says there won't be more in the future. I do live in Oscar Mayer territory. Why this particular vehicle has California plates is beyond me. Blasphemous even.

11 comments:

texwisgirl said...

howdy hubster!!! :)

you and your wienermobile... such a fascination! :)

missing moments said...

Gotta love the wienermobile! Thanks for that good evening laugh!

Dawn said...

weiner-roid!!! BAhahahahahahahah!
Love it!!!!
OH I like it! I want me one:)))
Thanks for the chuckle...needed it :)))))

Mark said...

I had no idea you could rent a weinermobile. I just never knew.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

What a fun gal you are! The Weinermobile must be a big draw in WI. Free weinies! :)

Buttons said...

Funny. I am surprised you have time to post with all that homework you are supposed to be doing. B

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

LOL. I don't think I've seen one of those since middle school. It's good to know that there are still weiners driving around town.

Samantha said...

I have this burning desire to get to ride in the Wienermobile! Insurance reasons..hmph.
C'mon, PK, hijack it and come get me!!

beth said...

wiener wiener wiener.......lol

Leontien said...

haha wienermobile! I'm going over right now and check out the facebook page and the rest! But first i have to THANK YOU for voting for vanilla bean! We'll see how far were gonna get... ;-)

Thanks
Leontien

TopChamp said...

I remember the wiener-mobile from a visit to Wisconsin in 1997... nice to see it here. I remember the song too.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.