04 June 2011

don't try this at home

don't try this at home

I take lots of shots with my lensbaby lens, and if you've been coming around here for a while, you could very well be sick of them. But, these are not lensbaby captures. Ha! Gotcha! (*yawn* "Where is this going, pk?") In this case, I removed my 50mm f1.4 from the body of the SLR, and flipped it over, shooting backwards through the lens. Getting a focal point using this technique is even harder than with a lensbaby, in my opinion. You're manipulating the camera and the lens independently, while shooting uber-macro! Prepare to do some breathe holding.

By all means, go ahead and "try this is home" if you like, but keep in mind the inside of your camera body is being exposed to the elements. Pick a breeze-free, lint-free, dog-hair-free zone. Get your shot, and reattach your lens, pronto. Or hey, maybe you like the awesome effects that dirt produces on your images. I'm not here to judge.

I'm here to remind you that experimenting is fun!*

*But don't do drugs, kids.
____________________


Nancy has her Sunday Best post up, so I'm adding this to the line up. Pop over and check out some other blogger's faves! :o)

18 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh see NOW I'm all tempted to try this...dog hair free zone. Hmmm..that's a mythological place! LOL

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

Oh, I need a camera. I would be taking lessons with you. You are such an artist!

!!!!!!!!!

texwisgirl said...

artist, indeed! and i think you must be from Canada in a previous life because that first shot has maple leaves in it! :)

they're really beautiful. i don't think i'd try shooting without my lens attached due to DOG HAIR CENTRAL and POLLEN CITY here!!! :) but man, those are cool!!!

bon bon said...

thank you all! you're so kind! :o)

tex, i didn't even notice the maple leaves! hee hee!! i probably should point out, the flower is a nasturtium, and the second is an iris.

Nancy said...

I don't think this would be the week to try this. Let's see... snake bite, dog problems, huge mosquito bite on my arm... I think I'll pass, but you go 'head! :)

bon bon said...

hope the week ahead gets better for you, nancy. i'd love to see what you come up with if you try this technique. :o)

Barb said...

Very artistic!

Debbie said...

this is my first visit...jumping over from a rural journal....

these are gorgeous, very intriguing. these look more like fine art then photo's.

beautiful!!!!

Linda Makiej said...

they are beautiful!!

Alana Jo said...

I'm def gonna try this. Thanks.

Millie said...

You have some amazing results with this experiment! Very beautiful.

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

magnificent!

very artistic!
love it!

you're so creative!

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing at YSB this week, BB.

I appreciate your participation. :)

BellaVida said...

Hi, I just landed here from the Sunday Best Photo Challenge. I'm a brand new follower.

When I saw your photo I thought: oooooooooooooohhhhh pretty

btw - luv ur sense of humor


Bella Vida by Letty
Have a great weekend.

Buttons said...

Texwisgirl is right I am Canadian I should know.
I love this what a great experiment that worked. Wonderful colours. B

Tammy said...

It is fun to experiment...I had no idea you could shoot through the oppsite end of a lens.

bon bon said...

thanks to each of you for dropping by! i really appreciate it. hope you all have (some cautionary) fun giving this a try!

Dawn said...

These are Beautiful! Very creative...and daring;)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.