24 May 2011

pop! pop! poppies!

early riser

pollen

a fancy hat

dewed!

now open

rubbing shoulders

pop! pop! pop!

Eeeeeee! My poppies are blooming!!

Can you tell?

FYI: These were all shot with a Lensbaby lens, which I cannot recommend enough! If you've been dropping by here for a while, you're probably saying "well duh" about now. I have an older, beveled version with the additional macro kit. I think I paid $200 for both. Just wanted to clarify to anyone who thinks I'm doing some crazy processing here. Nope! I may have played with curves a little and burned some edges, but I do that a lot with my regular lenses too.

So, there's my buying tip for the day

6 comments:

Nancy said...

One of my favorite flowers -- and reds are definitely the most showy of all.

And thanks for giving away some of your photography secrets. :)

texwisgirl said...

the colors are (yes) POPPING!!! whew! you need a (warning! bright lights ahead!) post disclaimer!

Samantha said...

Absolutely love this series (and poppies!).

missing moments said...

Great photos ... and love poppies. Also, thanks for the info on lensbaby. I gotta have one!

Cat said...

I sort of thought a couple looked like fresh ripe tomato slices, but they are still neat photos. I will take your word on the equipment, however... If it isn't point and shoot, I am pretty much lost...

Cat

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

Wow!! Stunning! Every and each one of them, just fantastic!

Independent of which lens that was used, if you were not such an amazing artist yourself to search for what you wanted, it would not have been this jaw dropping beautiful!

xxxx

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.