14 May 2011

mystery to me...

night

day

This large fragrant bush sits right at the corner of our house. Bees love it! I prefer it at night when we turn the yard light on and it becomes backlit. Plus the bees are sleeping.

I posted these in the flickr group called What plant is this? so hopefully someone will have an educated guess by the end of the day.

Unfortunately, last night's rain took most of the blossoms off. Boy, you really gotta keep on your toes around here if you want to capture something at it's peak! The rain however, helped put a few of our flowering trees "on deck". Plus, temperatures are back down. It's only suppose to hit the low 80ºs today. Woohoo! Better get back out there 'cuz more rain is on the way.

Enjoy what you've got, when you've got it, folks!

3 comments:

texwisgirl said...

i love how tiny and delicate the blossoms are! i hope you find out what it is!

Nancy said...

I have no idea what it is, but it's lovely. :)

LB @ BulletsandBiscuits said...

I don't have a clue as to what it is but it's got a beautiful bloom!

And can you tell I am catching up on my blog reading? and I am all butt backwards reading your posts? haha ;) Oh well better late than never!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.