25 May 2011

eat up/chow down

This week I made two of the easiest recipes known to (wo)mankind, so I thought I'd share!

grilled corn 

First up? Grilled corn! This stuff came from Florida and we were happily surprised how delicious it was.
  1. Yank the silk off the top, or chop off the very top giving it a butch-style hair cut. Remove any loose husks.
  2. Soak them in cold water with a little sugar and lemon juice, for about 20 minutes (as long as it takes you to get the grill going).
  3. Grill 20-30 minutes, giving each a quarter turn every five minutes or so. When it smells like corn, it's done. I use a charcoal grill. Gas might cook quicker.
  4. Peel back, butter, salt, eat. Vary it up by making it Mexican!

ice cream + flour = bread!

Next recipe...Ice Cream Bread!
  1. Mix 2 cups (1 pint) of any flavor ice cream with 1 to 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, just until moist. (I used Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia)
  2. Throw that in a buttered loaf pan.
  3. Throw that in a pre-heated 350º oven for 40-45 minutes.
  4. Eat (entire loaf, because it's so delicious you will not be able to stop.)
Aaaaaaand, there you have it! Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!

Next time? Lemon Squeezy.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

oooooh. Now I LIKE the easy peasy recipes. Especially ones with corn and ice cream:)
You have a way with words. I think I may enjoy cooking if I could read it in your words;)))
Nice photos too:))))))

texwisgirl said...

holy crap! ice cream bread! with 2 whole ingredients! i could do this one! :)

bon bon said...

thanks gals! i really enjoy cooking and baking. it's the clean up i find annoying. so, 2 ingredients is a bonus! luckily, i have a husband who doesn't mind dish duty. ;o)

Mary Ricksen said...

Amazing!!!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.