First up? Grilled corn! This stuff came from Florida and we were happily surprised how delicious it was.
- Yank the silk off the top, or chop off the very top giving it a butch-style hair cut. Remove any loose husks.
- Soak them in cold water with a little sugar and lemon juice, for about 20 minutes (as long as it takes you to get the grill going).
- Grill 20-30 minutes, giving each a quarter turn every five minutes or so. When it smells like corn, it's done. I use a charcoal grill. Gas might cook quicker.
- Peel back, butter, salt, eat. Vary it up by making it Mexican!
Next recipe...Ice Cream Bread!
- Mix 2 cups (1 pint) of any flavor ice cream with 1 to 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, just until moist. (I used Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia)
- Throw that in a buttered loaf pan.
- Throw that in a pre-heated 350º oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Eat (entire loaf, because it's so delicious you will not be able to stop.)
Next time? Lemon Squeezy.