27 May 2011

belle white

belle white

My husband's Grandma, Adele, passed away a few months before we got married. She was an absolutely delightful woman who would've turned 100 this April. I'm glad I got to know her if only for a few short years.

When we were at the cemetery, some relative pointed out Adele's Mother's grave. Her name was Belle White. A fairy princess's name if I ever heard one.

I've researched my own genealogy, but never made it over to my husband's side since my own had me going off on so my branches, I started to get a bit lost. Couldn't see the family through the trees, so to speak. I was fortunate to grow up with two of my great-grandma's living long enough to know my own two boys. My husband (and I know many people) weren't as lucky in this regard. So, he never knew Belle White.

But honestly, how could she not have been beautiful...

Understandably, I think of this woman I never knew and yet played a part in my life, when my lily-of-the-valleys are blooming.

6 comments:

texwisgirl said...

what a sweet post. and yes, a fairy tale name! and i love your lily bells!

Cat said...

That sounds like a bit of a tale in and of itself, when talking of genealogy...

Cat

Leontien said...

great picture and yes it is a fairy tale name!

Thanks
Leontien

Tammy said...

Makes me want to look in to my own geneology. This is a beautiful shot! I love the dew drops.

Samantha said...

Oh this is a wonderful post!
What a fairytale name.

Nancy said...

Love lily-of-the-valley -- the little bells are so precious.

Love the name. Very special. :)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.