01 April 2011

a film fest volunteer wrestles with an unruly patron over film theory

wraslin'

Today's image, brought to you by my husband. I'm in the midst of my volunteer activities at the Wisconsin Film Fest, and as the photos suggests, I take my job seriously.

Actually, this is our "buddaaaaay" Steve and me, demonstrating his version of Indian leg wrestling. (Sorry, Native American leg wrestling.) When I was a kid, we laid on our backs head to toe, raised the leg closer to your competitor, then hooked legs, trying to sending them into a backward summer-salt. Steve's version requires standing. Ugh. I'll take reclining any day.

You're gonna be stuck looking at this shot for several days as I've got a number of irons in the fire until mid April. I will try to get in a few posts and make the rounds to those of you who know me. Sorry, can't ditch me quite that easy. Plus by late April there may be some color in these parts worth sharing.

7 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Happy volunteering, dearie! Don't get any charlie horses with all your wrestling!

Nancy said...

That hurts just looking at it. Have fun! :)

Leontien said...

Sounds good and have fun!!!

Thanks
Leontien

Dawn said...

So did you win?!
:)))

bon bon said...

thanks all! i'm on my way back again today.

dawn, steve cheats. ;o)

Canyon Girl said...

There is always something new to learn, no matter how old you are.

LB @ BulletsandBiscuits said...

LEG WRESTLING!! Oh my, I've not thought about that for years. My brother and I leg wrestled allthe time....on our backs to. Does this mean we were lazy playing?

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.