20 March 2011

moon landing, upper left

luna 4

luna 3

luna 2

luna 1

During last night's full, "super" moon, we had too much cloud cover. I had the good sense to bring out the camera a night earlier though. I've also have my son's old telescope set up since the patio's been clear of snow. I'm guessing that if we owned a more powerful and expensive telescope, I could capture a better focus, but no matter how meticulously I focus the telescope and camera separately, once I line them up, they just don't want to play nice together.

If you click "moon" or "telescope" below, you'll see I tried this in 2006 too. I was using our older Rebel then.

3 comments:

texwisgirl said...

I like these! Kinda geeks me out a bit tho as they look like eyeball close-ups! Like something the optometrist sees when he looks in those funky goggles...

A Rural Journal said...

We have a telescope and I never thought of doing that. You are a girl genius! :)

bon bon said...

"i spy with my BIG eye..." ha!

thanks, nancy! i really need to have a bit more patience and add a tripod to the mix.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.