01 March 2011

accidents will happen

accidents will happen


'Tis the season for icy sidewalks!

Although, I'm not 100% sure ice is the reason behind Kensi coming back from our walk with one fewer toenail, I'm just going to put the blame on an inanimate object. The vet said the toenail may have already been split, so it could have happened at any time. Luckily, we were just a few houses down from our own when she pooped out and stopped in her tracks. She gave me no indication she was in pain, she just stopped and sat. My first thought was she could have some road salt between her toes, so I picked her up and saw a small pool of blood had already formed beneath one foot.

At home, I ran water on it for awhile but it kept bleeding, so I put her down and called the vet. She really didn't act like anything was wrong which explains the reason she walked around every inch of the house while I was on the phone! ha!

By the time we got back and she had her little foot wrapped in blue, she was exhausted from her hectic afternoon! A walk and the vet?! Come on! Of course, I had to document everything before I took to mopping and she took to a nap on the couch.

The bandage is already off now. All remaining drama has been placed on hold awaiting the return of our mailman.

5 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Poor baby girl! She was just making sure you were paying attention to her.

She was trying to spell out "Happy Birthday, Mom!" in the paw prints I think... So happy early b-day, dearheart!

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

It's always something, isn't it? I'm glad it wasn't anything serious -- poor girl. The bandage was likely more annoying to her than the bloody foot! :)

bon bon said...

yes, isn't she such a pathetic little turd? she started licking on it on day 3 so off it came and that was that!

t, sweet of you to remember me! i could spell out a message in treats, she would hit her marks, and we'd have a stupid pet trick on our hands! we would have to go with paint instead of blood, of course. ;o)

Dawn said...

Well that is no fun way for a walk to end....and THEN you had to wash your floors!
Glad she's ok.
Pets are just like kids;))

bon bon said...

this little girl is probably more spoiled then my kids were! :)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.