15 February 2011

valentine cupcakes

chocolate with cream cheese

nom nom nom...

I got a little carried away baking and cooking on Valentine's Day. I picked a southwest themed meal (via the Eldorado Grill) for my hubby. Some of the crazy peppers listed in the recipes are not to be found in Wisconsin in the dead of winter, so I compromised with what I could find canned in the Mexican isle of my grocery store. G is a lover of hot peppers and eats 3-4 jalapenos a week sliced with nearly anything. Rarely does he encounter food too hot. I, on the other hand...

Wisely, I kept the cupcakes pepper-free.

5 comments:

texwisgirl said...

You have been moonlighting with your bud Cupcake Wahine again, haven't you? Those are adorable! :)

bon bon said...

nope. just like to bake. ;o)

inspired by this artist who cuts paper, i thought i'd try it with fondant...
http://www.artyulia.com/index.php/Illustration

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

Wow -- your cupcakes are giving my my sugar cookies an inferiority complex. These are beautiful little works of art. :)

bon bon said...

thank you, nancy! as an unemployed designer, i'm always looking for a creative outlet. :o)

Ms. Mamma said...

Oooh! I like the cupcakes and the new template! Classy!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.