20 February 2011

looking for alternatives

looking for alternatives

Kensi's not above splashing through puddles, but prefers to veer towards the shallow side, or even better, traipsing through a few inches of snow. This was shot when we still had some snow. In the last week, we've lost about 90% coverage. The front yard currently looks like mud. On the plus side, conditions are perfect for some springtime robin arrival!

----------------

In case you're wondering, I have not made it into Madison for the protests. Although, I'm on the side of those speaking out against the governor's actions, I've been on fence about whether I need to be in the way of someone who is more directly effected by this bill. BUT, in the long run, I most likely will be effected since this guy is all about quieting the voice of the people he supposedly serves...

Hmm, I kind of took my initial logic there and blew it right out of the water, didn't I? See what a good debate can offer a person? Even if it's with themselves! ha!!

4 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Who knew Wisconsin would be such a protest arena? Guess I'd hate to be one of those jobs about to be cut...

bon bon said...

oh yes! WI has "fighting" bob la follette to thank for the progressive movement. and madison was home to many vietnam protests. things got ugly when one of the UW buildings was bombed...

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

Looks like a nice day, walking the puppy through the puddles. :)

bon bon said...

we had several lovely days last week. now we're back to a coating of ice. :o(

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.