02 December 2010

just a month behind in posting now...

just a month behind in posting now...

I did not do these for a job, nor do I have young children in the house. Sometimes just a creative outlet is needed. So why not a delicious one! The spiders are homemade truffles including legs made from chocolate melted and drawn into row upon row of V's, then snipped apart when dried. The webs are melted white "chips". (I see they don't call them chocolate anymore, which I'm on board with since I never understood how they deserved that title in the first place.) You have to work fast with melted white chips. It's overly runny if too warm, and thickens up fast as it cools. Things can get messy.

I just pretend the spiders were slipped a few mickeys.

2 comments:

texwisgirl said...

they do look a bit "soused" and sleeping in their cream beds! You're just too creative...

bon bon said...

ha! mmm, cream beds...

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.