23 December 2010

christmas 1957

christmas 1957

Looks like it was a musical Christmas this year! L to R: My Uncle Donnie, Great-grandpa Julius, handing Donnie a trumpet; Uncle Ronnie, playing a Mickey Mouse guitar; and Mom and Dad on xylophone. Newlyweds of two months! Mom still a teenager donning her poodle skirt. The following Christmas, Dad would be in the Air Force, my brother would be born, and they'd be living in Florida. My sister came less than a year later. Mom and Dad still teenagers! Common sense kicked in and they waited until they were in their twenties before I came along.

This explains why there's always been five generations alive at any given time on our family. Often with two or more great-great-grandparents! Currently both my Grandmothers are alive, and I have three great- nieces or -nephews. That puts me in the middle generation, doesn't it? Yes, my sons are old enough to make me a grandparent...but let's not go there just yet.

***************
I may or may not get another post up before the holiday hits, if not I hope each of you is surrounded with love this Christmas...

2 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Oh my gosh! Look at your sweet mom! What a pretty young thing! Love the skirt and white socks! :)

bon bon said...

i'm the daughter of a bobby-soxer!

and to quote my dad, "prettiest girl of school!" ;o)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.