28 November 2010

checking the cones

checking the cones

Hope you had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving! We gorged ourselves with a few of our favorite people. I don't have any photos to share of the actual day as I was occupied playing host. Stayed a bit too busy to pick up a camera.

Things slowed down considerably though on Saturday when Joel invited us over for a kiln firing. Good weather for sitting four feet from a 2500ยบ oven. With Kensi sitting on my lap though, my rear stayed pretty chilly. (It's best to rotate every fifteen minutes or so.) This shot is of Joel while removing a brick to peak inside.

Of this set, my husband and I shared camera duties.

3 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Wow! Neat! That was some heater! It is outdoors I hope (or Joel's basement is now on fire!)

I like the shot of Kensi - the look in her eye says "Please don't throw me in, please don't throw me in..."

:)

amy said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I thought of you when I saw this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62878856/print-pug-pet-modern-dog-poster-folk-art?ref=v1_other_1

bon bon said...

yes, t, this is outdoors! ha! and it's a good thing kensi has a flat face or her nose would over heat.

hi amy! too goofy. although i need to log on and get selling myself instead of wasting hours looking for things i can't afford. ;o)

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.