06 August 2010

nom nom nom

nom nom nom

On my day off from making cupcakes, what would I do other then make cupcakes, right? Fact is, I don't bring that many home, plus I had been wanting to make these since Ms. Humble posted them. They're chocolaty delicious, but I think I'd change a few things before making them again. The gooey marshmallow center is yummy, but I don't recall the center of an actual Hostess cupcakes being marshmallow-y. My husband and I agree that it's more of a creamy center, like a twinkie, which I'm sure I could find a recipe for easy enough. Then her white (binary) topping is white chocolate. I went with the authentic (and probably copyrighted) swirls, to which I lined up the cupcakes so I could continue the swirls without stopping. Once they dried, I had to snip them apart otherwise I could've lifted all of them off in one piece. White chocolate is runny if too hot and hardens when cool. A white icing would work just as well, and would be easier to keep at a good temperature for piping.

That concludes my baking for the day! Except it's already tomorrow so I'll be baking again in a few hours. Well, there are much worse things I could be doing.

3 comments:

texwisgirl said...

So, have you sent a dozen by Fed Ex yet? Yum!

bon bon said...

i can try, but i have a feeling once they reach your 100ยบ temps, you'll be opening a big box of goo!

texwisgirl said...

probably as bad as Wis cheese after transport... bummer.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.