08 June 2010

once upon a time, there was a little wooden horse...

shooting bad guys

my brother and sister on that same horse

it's in my possession today...

Many a child's butt has touched this rocker. I'm not sure of the complete story, but I'm guessing Grampa built it for my uncle Donnie (shown in top photo). Donnie was born in 1945. Yup, those are Roy Roger chaps. Next photo; my brother and sister, circa 1962-ish by the looks of them.

The final photo was taken just moments ago. It now sits in the corner of my bedroom. My kids also put it to good use, but unfortunately I never got a photo of them using it. Luckily, no one else in the family has questioned its whereabouts, and I'm not about to remind them I still have it. It's something of my Grampa's I don't wish to lose track of.

So, you can bring your toddler to my house and he's welcome to give it a gallop, but it's back to the corral when he's finished.

3 comments:

texwisgirl said...

I think you may need to photo shop your young boys' onto that horsie just to keep the legacy going. That is really cool!

bon bon said...

after finding these two earlier photos, i wish i had one of my boys on it. little horsie is just going to have to wait for my grandkids' butts. :o)

JulieB said...

What a fantastic set of pics, and a great story. Beautiful little horse!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.