12 April 2010

he's inside the house! get out!!!

We had "Easter" at my parents this weekend. Even though this is normally a photo-blog, my niece, Jamie, shared a pretty funny story I wanted to relay and I don't have a image that justifies. To set it up, I should mention it was told to her by a coworker about an aunt's friend (or friend's aunt), so take into consideration it's already four times removed so I cannot speak for how much is missing or has been elaborated upon. Also, the incident took place in Vesper, Wisconsin. Incase that bit of info helps during a Google search...

A 20 year old man with autism was at home recently when he called his mother at work (the aunt's friend) freaking out because, as he puts it, "there's a troll in the house!" She obviously didn't take him seriously enough the first time because he called back three times in an hour exclaiming "THERE A TROLL IN THE HOUSE!!" I'm not sure what was going through her head or the thought process of an autistic man, but at some point she decided that a wild animal probably got loose in their house. So, she called animal-control and headed home to see what the problem was. She arrived before them and her son was going off the deep end about this damn troll and that he had trapped it in bedroom closet. She went in there to find he had pushed a heavy dresser in front of the closet door. Then someone starting knocking on it.

Inside she found a census worker. A midget...


I really couldn't tell you what happened after that because we all lost it.

3 comments:

texwisgirl said...

should have just mailed in the form...

Sam said...

I heard a very similar tale about 'a friend of a friend', except this time the guy had told his mother that he had captured a troll and put it in the garage and he was covered in scratches.

This one has made it to the UK already (or the other way round)!

Still funny though...

bon bon said...

shit. it's phony. texwisgirl sent the link— http://www.snopes.com/embarrass/mistaken/troll.asp
i wanted so much to believe...ha!

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.