30 August 2009

a tavern, as opposed to, a bar

a tavern, as opposed to, a bar

Great looking vintage sign hanging in Bucktown. Didn't think to check the name of the bar, but it's near the corner of N. Damen and W. Dickens.

I took another shitload of photos this weekend. I'll try to get them processed while it's still fresh in my mind where they were taken. I try to add the placement of each on the map in flickr. So, if you're ever curious to stall me in a past-tense sort of way, that'd be one way of going about it. Then I'll remain safety two steps ahead of you.

Sucker.

4 comments:

Uncivil said...

I wonder if they still brew Schlitz beer? I remember drinkin' it from the old tin cans before they started making aluminum cans.

Ahhh...they still have it in malt liquors!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Schlitz_Brewing_Company

bon bon said...

being from wisconsin, i recall schlitz vs. pabst debates. although i'm not much of a beer drinker myself. german heritage too. go figure. ;o)

Ms. Mamma said...

Phantom Kitty: You Rock! I hope you don't mind if I add ye to me old blogroll...

bon bon said...

t'would be an honor.

older stuff

little known facts

My photo
fly over country, United States
this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.