27 August 2009
This is just about our favorite summer food. I make it every few weeks all summer long. It lasts about three or four days here, and it's actually even better the next day when the flavors have a little time to meld. But honestly, who can wait? I'd simply eat it with a spoon if that were socially acceptable. I never drink from the milk carton either, if you believe those lies.
Here' s the recipe. Enjoy!
• 5 oz. (half a jar) pepper jelly
• juice of one lime
—Pulse those together in a food processor, then add in any order:
• one red pepper
• half a red onion (or more if you like onion)
• one jalapeno, finely diced (it's best to chop by hand so you don't bite into a big chunk)
• two ripe mangoes
• fistful of cilantro (again to your taste)
—I like to add the second mango after other ingredients are processed a bit, as you DO want to bite into a big chunk of mango! Yum!!
• salt and pepper (ditto...)
Ta da! Excellent on grilled fish, chicken, steak, chips, etc. Best stuff you'll ever eat! I guarantee it. Unless your name is Luke and you hate cilantro. Then I can do nothing for you.
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (160)
- ► 2010 (163)
- tonka tower
- a tavern, as opposed to, a bar
- i thought there'd be some beaches up here!
- mango salsa
- where i end and you begin
- this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
- sunday morning rushless hour
- the more things change, the more they remain the s...
- two olivers
- is it the eyes or the cheeks
- chill baby chill
- check out those sexy gams
- as i was just reminded...
- true blue
- trying on a helmet
- all my boys like trabampoleens!
- i was meant for the stage
- all cheese considered
- 70 years ago this summer...
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2008 (123)
- ► 2007 (235)
little known facts
- bon bon
- fly over country, United States
- this blog is my "live" photo album of sorts. occasionally, i'll throw in some art i've done or some work of my husband's as he's an artist as well. we have a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood with two pugs and a cat, all black. which most of my photos will attest too. ;) i'd love to hear from you, but happy for you to just browse. hope you find something to make you smile. b.